Self referral is currently available for patients registered with Lighthouse Medical Practice and Buxted Medical Centre. For patients registered with all other GP practices within High Weald, Lewes and Havens CCG and Eastbourne, Hailsham and Seaford CCG you can be referred to Sussex MSK Partnership East via your GP.
If you self-refer you will be asked a series of questions to tell us about your problem. This information will be reviewed by a musculoskeletal specialist who will suggest a plan to help improve your problem.
This plan may include:
- Advice on exercise, pain relief and how to manage your condition
- A referral to physiotherapy
- A referral to a rehab programme
- A referral to local exercise groups
- A referral to an Advanced Physiotherapist who can order imaging such as XRAY / MRI and offer injection therapy
- A referral for a surgical opinion