We hope that this will provide you with an understanding of what to expect and what procedures to follow when you attend your appointment.
During the initial stages of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic our services were altered in line with national guidance and government advice. Due to changes in this advice and with an easing of these restrictions regarding lockdown and attending appointments we have re-opened our MSK services to patients.
The majority of our appointments will continue to face to face initially. After this first appointment, and in discussion with your clinician, a decision will then be made with you as to the next course of action.
If you or any member of your household experience any of the following symptoms prior to your appointment, please DO NOT attend your appointment and instead contact Sussex MSK Partnership East to rearrange your appointment:
- A new, continuous cough.
- A high temperature.
- A loss or change in your normal sense of smell or taste.
If you have these symptoms, you must also contact NHS 111 for advice and guidance.
Despite the recent changes to national COVID-19 guidance, when attending your appointment you MUST:
- Wear a face covering at all times unless you are exempt.
- Sanitise your hands on entry.
- Respect social distancing measures at all times.
- Only attend your appointment at your appointment time (to avoid large numbers of patients in waiting rooms).
- Attend on your own unless you have a carer who needs to accompany you, or you are dependent on another person for your care.
Clinicians will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) and you will likely be screened prior to your entry for your appointment, including having your temperature checked.
Please watch the video below for how a face to face appointment will look. This shows an appointment at Eastbourne Health Care Centre. Each site may vary and the guidance for each is outlined below.